One of the most effective ways to lose weight is to go on a diet. A diet that consists of lower calorie intake than your regular daily caloric intake, and a diet that consists of more fiber are necessary to effectively lose weight. But counting the amount of calories you take each day can be quite difficult. You can’t always read the nutritional facts, list them down each day and compute them later. That would be too tedious and time consuming.
Now, there is a way to do that easily and that is through a calorie counter watch. This is one of the hottest technologies in weight loss these days that enabled people to count their daily caloric intake and count how much calories they lost during workouts.
How does Calorie Burn Counter work?
A calorie counting watch comes with a pedometer. This is a device that can help you count how much calories you lost from a workout as it counts your hip movement. The pedometer translates and processes this information and will reveal estimation on how much calories you burned through the movements of your hips.
There are also many calorie burn watches that come with a pulse rate monitor to read your pulse as you work out and show estimated calories burned as well. More advanced calorie watch counters process your pulse, movement, and breathing; and transfers the information to the computer so you can read a graphical representation of the calories you burned.
Below are the most popular calorie counting watches that have much reviews :
What can you do with this watch?
With this watch on hand, you can make your workout sessions more productive and easier for you. This handy tool helps you achieve a particular calorie burning target and indicates how much effort you still need to add to your workout to achieve said goal. You can already set the watch to your calorie burning goal and then help you keep track of your movements based on time and pulse monitoring. The data it reveals provides value to the workout you just did and tells you if you need to exert a little more effort or have a more intense workout to reach your goals.
Another reason many people are hooked on using a calorie counter watch is because of its said psychological advantage. Because you are able to keep track of your efforts, this gives people an added sense of motivation and inspiration to reach their goals. This gives them concrete goals that they know they can achieve to give them a boost of motivation and reward them with satisfaction after when they have reached their goal. Hence, if you need a boost of inspiration and motivation to help you perform better and burn more calories, a calorie counter watch may be able to help you.
Cost of Calorie Burn Calculator Watch
A calorie counter watch is considered as a sports instrument. Hence, just like any other sports equipment, the price goes up as the features become more advanced. A simple calorie counter watch that has the basic features such as the pedometer and a pulse monitoring with clock mechanisms costs around $30 to $80. For strapless ones, they even cost less than that. Medium-end calorie counter watches also tell you the distance and pace of your workout aside from the basic features.
Some of these even have a built-in FM radio to make working out more interesting. These calorie counter watches range from $100 to $200. High end models include a GPS and many other graphical features aside from the basics and the other features available in low and medium end watches. Some even have an MP3 player for a more interesting and entertaining workout. These watches cost more than $200.
The Best Calorie Burn Watch
Now that you know why and how a calorie counter watch can help you achieve your goals and workout better, some of you may be interested to know the different kinds of watches they can avail of. Depending on the features you want your watch to have, there are many different models and brands you can choose from.
- Basic Models – as mentioned above, these basic models are the least expensive of all because they contain lesser features. Nonetheless, they have the basic features essential to a calorie counter watch and can already help you achieve your workout goals. The Pro Form Heart Rate Monitor and Calorie Counting Watch is one that you can choose. It costs only $64 with all the basic features plus a heart rate monitor. Another option is the Tech40 Accelerator Runner RM1. This costs $65 and according to some reviews, this watch, though basic, can help track distance traveled and pace of your workout in addition to the calorie count.
- High End Models – but if you want something that has more features for whatever reason, there are also plenty of higher end models you can choose from. These models contain the basic features plus more so you can analyze and track your progress better. The Garmin Forerunner 405 is one option you can consider. This features distance, time, speed, calories burned, and heart rate. It is also GPS enabled so you can always find your way when you have run many miles already and have no idea where on earth you are. But it is quite expensive with a price tag of $300. If you want a less expensive option, try the Nordic Track – Cardio Track Combo Heart Rate Monitor Watch. This features a timer, heart rate monitoring system, calorie counter, 100 seconds stopwatch and comes with a chest strap. This costs only $190.
- Strapless Models – these are watches that contain the basic features but are less expensive because of the absence of a strap. These watches are attached to the belt or the waistband of your pants. The LCD, Pedometer WalkingStep Calorie Counter is one that you can choose. This is very affordable with the basic features included.
A calorie counting watch is truly essential for people who want to lose weight effectively. Choose the one that fits your budget and your needs the most to lose weight fast and effectively.
Review of 5 Most Rated Calorie Counting Watch :
Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Watch (with Pink / White for selection)
- GPS receiver – It allows you to check your run on a virtual map. You can also get more detail for each mile and share it with friends and family.
- Virtual Pacer - It determines if you are running slower or faster than your preferred pace.
- Walk/Run feature - It shows how long it will take for you to run or walk for a certain mile.
Listed below are the benefits to using this Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Watch :
1) You can adjust your workout speed after checking the virtual pacer.
2) You can see your burnt calories on one screen while your time and distance are displayed on another screen.
3) You can customize the settings to show your time, calories burned, and distance on the same screen.
4) You will be motivated by your record achievement that will be on the screen. Your longest run and fastest mile are examples of your achievement.
5) You won’t have difficulty reading the screen even if you’re visually impaired.
These are the disadvantages of using Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Watch:
1) You cannot use it to monitor your heart rate.
2) It operates for only 5 hours if its battery will be used continuously.
This information will help people decide whether to purchase it or not.
Amtoonseeshop Random Color Blue, Silver and Red Fitness Sport Pulse Watch with Heart Rate Monitor and Calorie Counter
Amtonseeshop Counter Watch is a good option for people who don’t want to manually calculate calories. Here are its 3 main features:
- Sensor - It calculates calories you have burned after exercise. It also calculates your heart rate after exercise.
- Backlight screen - It displays fonts in areas with low daylight.
- One CR2032 battery - It keeps the watch working for a long time.
Pros of this Amtoonseeshop Heart Rate Monitor:
- You can get an accurate measurement of your calories burned. This is because it uses your age, weight, and gender info that are stored in its memory.
- You can get your calorie burned and heart rate readings in 3 seconds.
- You can easily read its display screen in dark places, especially if you have eye problems.
- You can use it for a long time because its battery doesn’t need replacing.
- You can choose which food you need to limit and avoid.
- You can select which workouts you need to include in your routine.
Cons of this counter watch:
- If you have a smaller wrist, it may feel slightly bulky.
- Its battery may not last a year if you check your pulse more than several times a day.
Suunto t6c Heart Rate Monitor
For people who plan to purchase this Suunto t6c Monitor, here are its features:
1. Training Manager PC Software - It analyzes your heart rate, ventilation volume, respiratory rate, and energy consumption.
2. Stopwatch function - It uses a countdown timer to let you exercise within a specific time. It also helps you determine how long it will take for you to do a workout.
3. Adjustable heart rate feature -It warns you if you went beyond or below your maximum recommended heart rate.
4. USB cable - It allows you to transfer your workout information to your computer.
5. Memory functions - It shows your previous and current heart rates within a specified timeframe.
Pros to using this Suunto t6c Monitor
- You can compare your heart rates for several workout sessions.
- You can identify which workouts are safe for your heart.
- You can determine if your heart and lungs are functioning normally.
- You can perform your workout within a certain time length without timing yourself.
- You can analyze your previous workout information on your computer.
- You can customize it to display things you need during workout.
The only con to using this is that its display screen cannot be read in places with very low daylight.
MIO Drive Heart Rate Watch
- Analyzes heart rate and heartbeat with an ECG (electrocardiogram).
- Calculates calories burned during workout.
- Uses a MIO 3500 Calorie Club Built-in Program.
- Has dimensions of 5.5 in x 2.5 in x 8.5 in and weighs 2.1 ounces.
Benefits of using Mio:
1. You can burn 500 calories per day with the MIO 3500 Calorie Club Built-in Program. You can burn 3500 calories in a week if you burn 500 calories for five days.
2. You can reach your desired calorie goal without using the Mio Drive Heart Rate Watch Built-in Program.
3. You can prevent your heart from having problems like heart attack and irregular heart beat.
4. You don’t need to wear a chest strap while measuring your heartbeat and heart rate with an electrocardiogram.
Disadvantages of Mio :
1. You can’t identify what specific heart problem you have unless you consult a doctor.
2. It may be uncomfortable for people who don’t want to wear big and bulky watches.
Pulse Heart Rate Counter Calories Monitor Sport Watch Fitness Watch Black + Red
- Uses sensor to analyze heart rate and calories burned after workout.
- Operates in daily alarm mode, calorie mode, exercise mode, and pulse mode.
- Dimensions are 26 cm in length, 4.5 cm in width, and 1.3 cm in height.
- Displays information on LCD screen.
Benefits of using Pulse Heart Rate Monitor :
- You can determine how much exercise you need.
- You can identify which exercises you need to perform
- You can monitor your progress in burning calories.
- You can determine the length of time you need to perform your exercise.
- You can read fonts on the LCD screen in dark places.
- You cannot damage it with water or moisture.
- You can determine any changes in your heart rate.
- You can identify which foods you have to take, lessen, and avoid.
The only disadvantage of this is that it cannot show your calories burned and heart rate on the same screen.